Greater Baldwinsville Community Calendar Guidelines
Procedures and standards for event submission
Organizations may submit an event through our online calendar submission form.
The more information provided by the submitting organization, the easier it is to determine whether to include the event. Submitting organizations are encouraged to fill out the online form completely with all pertinent information regarding the event, including:
• Event title
• Location (street address)
• Fee to participate, if any, including how and when it needs to be paid
• Public contact for more information and/or to RSVP
• Contact name, email address, and telephone number (this information will not be published)
• Event and/or sponsor website URL
• Additional event details
The Greater Baldwinsville Community Calendar is a text-only listing; fliers, brochures, posters, and other documents will not be posted.
Anonymous and incomplete submissions will not be posted to the calendar. All submissions will be reviewed prior to posting to ensure they comply with the standards set forth in this document.
A qualifying event:
• Is a planned, legal gathering that is open to the public;
• Includes entertainment, programming, and/or activities;
• Involves a targeted theme or cause;
• Must take place in the 13027 zip code;
• May have an admission or participation fee, but cannot be for profit.
Additionally, an event must meet one or more of the following criteria to be eligible for inclusion in the community calendar:
• Village of Baldwinsville, Town of Lysander, or Town of Van Buren event or activity
• Village of Baldwinsville, Town of Lysander, or Town of Van Buren sponsored or funded event
• A not-for-profit community event that is open to the public and not exclusionary in nature, and meets the definition of a qualifying event
Events Not Permitted
The following are not permitted in the Greater Baldwinsville Community Calendar:
• Commercial, private, or political advertising
• Private, commercial, or for-profit events
• Events not open to all members of the public
• Partisan political events
• Cause or opinion-based activities which are deemed inappropriate for community support
• Discriminatory, hostile, or extremist activities
• Fundraisers that are not part of an actual event. This includes restaurant events that donate a portion of sales to a certain organization (even if non-profit), sales of coupon books, cookie sales, etc.
Community Calendar requests must be submitted online no later than 10 days prior to the event.
Submitting an event for the Greater Baldwinsville Community Calendar does not mean that other necessary village or town resources (such as permits, police, and road closures) are being handled. Event organizers should contact the appropriate government offices for more information.
Removal of an Item
Events submitted to the calendar known to contain any form of the following shall not be posted or shall be removed:
• Profane language or content
• Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
• Sexual content or links to sexual content
• Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
• Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
• Content that violates a legal interest of any other party
The Greater Baldwinsville Community Calendar Committee reserves the right to restrict or remove any content or event that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law.
The Greater Baldwinsville Community Calendar Committee is responsible for ensuring compliance with this policy.